I did take photographs but they're awful so tomorrow I will get my talented little invalid out of bed to take them for me:
STARTER DOUGH – DAY ONE
Gasbag and I sterilised a large pickle jar (900ml) and a spoon in a pan of boiling water. To the jar Gasbag added 50g of rye flour and 50ml of water. We stirred the mix for 30 secs and marked the position of the dough. It is spending the night in the baking cupboard. Hopefully tomorrow it will smell right and we won’t have to start again.
STARTER DOUGH - DAY TWO
Gasbag and I discovered that although the jar was clean and sterilised the overwhelming smell in the dough is of dill. However there were some bubbles so we added 25g of rye flour and 25mil of water. We stirred it for 30 secs.
STARTER DOUGH - DAY THREE
Wow it has more than doubled. We emptied out 2/3 and added 30g rye flour and 30ml water. We stirred it for 30 secs.
The Kimlin Family